Friday, July 20, 2012

Chapter 14 "A Kiss In The Night"



"Im sorry, Ma'am, but there really is nothing I can do." The policewoman said.


"Why not!?" Marisa was angered.


"Because, we cannot prove this was arson..." She said. "But this IS the second time we have been called here, and your group of friends is often involved in an emergency call... Is there something you are not telling us?"


Marisa thought. She hadn't been involved as long as the others had, but she is just as involved as the others. She decided she couldnt tell her. "No-no... We're telling yo--"


"Marisa!!!" Jamie came running up to her. "Marisa!? Are you okay? I saw the fire, and the police, and I got worried, and..."


"I'm fine, Jamie." Marisa smiled. It was nice to know he cared so much.


"Good. If I lost you, I would feel so terrible..." Jamie's face looked saddened. "I know we haven't known each other long, but--"


Marisa kissed him suddenly. She felt warmth and a shock, and it was amazing. "I feel the same." She smiles.

The police continued to ask the others questions, who woke up and got dressed immediatly after Marisa did. The police gathered the piano and helped clean up the after-effect of the fire.

"Hey" Travis came up to Marisa after Jamie left. "Who was that?"

"The reason I'm staying." Marisa smiled at the retreating taxi.

"I'm glad you're happy, Ris." Travis used the nickname from when they were dating in High School.

Marisa looked at Kari, who was taking a late night dip in the pool with Jenna. "I'm glad you are happy, too. She is perfect for you. Always has been. I noticed it way back when we were together, too."

And with that, Marisa walked up to her bedroom to get some sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment