Thursday, July 19, 2012

Chapter 13 "Blinding Love"

The next morning, Marisa decided to go to the park to think about things. Travis and his friends told her about the things that were happening to them. The murders, the notes, all of it, was making her really stressed.


"Hello." A read-headed man with thick, electronic glasses and white eyes sat down beside her. "I hope you dont mind if I sit here. My name is Jamie."


"No, you're fine." Marisa smiled. She was watching the Simfest going on in the park from afar. There always seems to be something going on in Starlight Shores.


"I just moved here from Moonlight Falls." Jamie says. "I don't really know anyone yet."


Marisa smiles. "I like your glasses." She tried to strike up convorsation.


"Oh, yeah." Jamie looks a little flustered. "I-I was born blind. The doctors made me these glasses so I could see. My parents are quite rich, so I was lucky, I guess."


Marisa felt bad for him, she realizes some of the basic things in life is stuff she takes for granted. "Wow. Yeah, that is lucky."


They talk for hours. Marisa forgets about what she had learned the night before. Around 5 o'clock P.M., a good 7 hours have passed, Marisa decides she needs to go back to the house.


"Hey, do you want to come over for a little while?" Marisa asks Jamie.


"Yeah, sure." Jamie smiles a genuine smile. The kind of smile that makes Marisa smile. Or maybe it's just because it was Jamie that was smiling.

They drive to the mansion, and Jamie and Marisa walk inside. No one else is around, and Jamie and Marisa make their way to the pool area.

"Hey, nice piano." Jamie notices the big, white, classical piano on the deck.

"Yeah, my friends live here, I am just staying for a while..." maybe. Marisa looks at Jamie, and she feels like she found a reason to stay.

Marisa sits down on the piano seat, and looks at the piece of music.

Everytime we touch
Cascada
Slow



Marisa starts to play the piece of music, and Jamie comes up behind her, and starts to sing the song.

"I still hear your voice when you sleep next to me." Jamie sings.

"I still feel your touch in my dreams." Marisa sings

"Forgive me my weakness but I don't know why." They both sing together.

"Without you it's hard to survive." They sing

"Cause everytime we touch I get this feeling." Jamie sings by himself.

"And everytime we kiss I swear I can fly" Marisa sings by herself.

"Can't you feel my heart beat fast." Jamie sings

"I want this to last." Marisa sings.

"I need you by my side."  They sing together.

Marisa stops playing. "Wow, Jamie..."

"You were good." Jamie compliments her.

"You too" Marisa smiles.

--------------------------------------------

In the middle of the night, Marisa wakes up to the smell and sound of something burning. She looks out the hallway's window, and sees the piano she played with Jamie earlier that day burning. She also sees a note on the windowsill.

All love dies...

No comments:

Post a Comment