Friday, June 29, 2012

Chapter 11 "Pheonix"

"Wait, what does this mean?" Kari said to Jenna as she showed everyone the note in the morning.


"Isnt it obvious!?" Jenna was freaking out. "Killing Mia and Hollie isnt enough! This... This FREAK is after all of us!!"




"Havent we known this from the very beginning?" Adrian tried to calm Jenna; to no avail, of course.


"I thought Mia was the end of it..." Jenna sat on the couch and curled up into a ball, starting to cry "It's been two months..."

"Two of the hardest months of my life..." Travis looked at Kari and smiled. She helped pull him out of his depression in one night, and he really did love her. She was one of the best things that has happened to him, ever since Mia.

Kari grabbed Travis's hand. "So, are we going to try and catch the killer, again?"

Travis looked at Kari like she was crazy. "No! We cant have anyone else get hurt."

"Well, we cant go to the police." Jenna said. "That could cause the killer to react and hurt one of us... So I think we should investigate some more..."

Travis looked angry. "Whatever, fine." He stormed up to his room, and Kari followed.

"Travis, it is okay..." Kari tried to comfort him. "We know not to underestimate them now. We can be more careful."

"Yeah, I guess..." Suddenly, Travis got a phone call. "Hello?" He answered it.



"Hello, Travis?" A girl said. Travis felt a ping of recognation. "Hi, its Marisa. Listen, I have an important favor to ask of you."

"Marisa?!" Travis exclaimed in suprise. "I havent heard from you in a year!"

"Yeah, I know, and Im so sorry I havent called..." Marisa, Travis's high-school ex-girlfriend, said to him.

"No, no, its fine." Travis said. "You needed a favor?"

"Yeah, I know its big, but...." Marisa said. "I'm in town for my birthday, and my parents dont have a room for me, so I was wondering if I could stay with you and your friends for a while."

Travis was shocked. "Marisa, I dont think now is really the best time..."

"Yes, I know what happened to Mia, but, please Travis!" Marisa used that charming voice of hers, and no doubt she was using he cute puppy-dog face on the other end.

"Sigh... Fine, you can stay with us for a little while." Travis gave in.

"Great! Im in the driveway." Marisa said.

Of course. Travis thought. She was right, the doorbell rang immediatly.

Travis went downstaires and answered the door. "Hello, Marisa."






"Hi, Travis!" She replied excitedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment