Saturday, May 19, 2012

Chapter 5 "Broken Love"

Mia walks into the study, with white furniture and a fireplace, and nicely decorated wooden walls. She sees Travis sitting in one of the white chairs, looking at the fireplace with a vacant look in his eyes. SHe walks up to him and sits in the chair.

"Hello, Travis." Mia says. Travis and her went to school together since elementary school, and they have been good friends, but havent talked since graduation.

Travis snapped out of his trance. "Oh... Hello, Mia. I was just thinking about Hollie. You all settled in?"

"Yep, just finished unpacking." Mia smiled "Thanks for welcoming me."





"My pleasure." Travis said. "Your about as much involved in this mess as the rest of us..."

Mia looks at Travis for a moment, and sees sadness in his eyes. He has always been good looking, and now he has a little stubble on his chin. His black hair with a subtle hint of blue the perfect blend of neat and messy. Mia starts to feel affection in her heart, something she used to feel for Travis during Freshman year. She had a giant crush on Travis throughout half of High School, and it went away when he broke her heart by dating a girl named Marisa Jones, after Mia made her feelings known. She hasnt felt this way about anyone since then.

"Hey, hey..." Mia said, gently touching Travis' face and soothing him "It will be alright, I promise"

Travis looks up at her, and leans in to kiss her.



She kisses back, and then breaks the kiss and smiles.

Kari is standing at the doorway of the study and sees Travis and Mia kiss. Kari realizes at that moment that the feeling she has had for Travis lately was more than friendship, she liked him a lot more than just friends. Travis looks up at the doorway and sees Kari, with tears falling down her cheeks. Kari runs away, sobbing.






"Kari?" Travis gets up and starts to run after Kari, who ran out the doorway and got into the white SUV and drove off. "Kari!!" He continues running, but in vain. He cant catch her now.





Kari starts to drive. She doesnt know to where, or why, but it helps her think. She thinks about Travis, and if he cares for her back. She was confused about when she started liking Travis as more than a friend. She shouldnt be upset, Travis has a right to date anyone he wants to. Kari gets to her destination, wherever that is, and sits down on the bench. She is at a beach, but it is very run-down and hardly visited. Kari gets tired, and falls asleep on the bench.



-------------------------------------------------------



Kari wakes up at the beach in the middle of the night, with Jenna sitting on the chair near her.






"I was waiting for you to wake up." Jenna said.

"Jenna?" Kari says "How did you know where I was?"

"I put a tracker in the SUV." Jenna said. "Im not losing that thing, its exspensive."

"Why are you here?" Kari says

"To talk. How long have you liked Travis?"

"I dont know." Kari looked flustered. "I just... I felt wierd around him for a while, and when I saw him kissing Mia... It just made everything a little clearer."

Jenna sits next to Kari. "Its okay to be confused about your relationships. The whole first year Adrian and I were dating, I didnt know whether I really loved him or not. But when he broke up with me-for the first, and hopefully last-time, I realized that I loved him."

"Yeah," Kari looks at the ground. Jenna and Adrian have been dating since 8th grade, and in the middle of Freshman year, Adrian broke up with Jenna because she wasnt sure whether she loved him or not. It didnt last that long, they got back together a week later, but it did traumatize Jenna. "I know how I feel about him. But... I dont think he likes me."

"Well, you will never know if you ask." Jenna says. "Now, lets go home."

They walked to the SUV, and went home.


No comments:

Post a Comment