Friday, May 18, 2012

Chapter 4 "Black"

Kari stood outside the funeral home, dressed in all black, about to go into the funeral home and see the dead body of her twin sister Hollie. She was about to go in, but she didnt want to. She didnt want this to become more... real.



Jenna comes up to her, dressed in a black dress with the back and sides of the dress are cut out, and gives her a hug.





"Im so sorry, Kari." Jenna says. "I dont know how hard this is on you, being an only child, but I know it must hurt..."

"Yeah, thanks, Jenna." Kari smiles. "I just... Who would murder Hollie? She has no enemies, why would anyone hurt her?"

Jenna pulls out a letter, and hands it to Kari. "I found this in a book the day Hollie died. I was afraid to tell anyone. Maybe if I did, Hollie would be alive."

"Wait... You got a note too?" Kari says. "When I was talking to Hollie, there was something written in 'breath fog' on the window, that said Say your Goodbyes. I was too afraid to do anything, too..."

"Its not our fault, Kari." Jenna said, obviously contradicting herself. "It would have happened anyways."


Then, someone came up to Kari and tapped her on her shoulders.

"Hi." The black headed, fair skinned model said. "Im so sorry to hear about Hollie."

"Mia... Hi." Kari said. She was so suprised Mia came to the Funeral. She is one of Jenna's friends, and a model. Hollie has done a couple shoots for a company that encourages women to be the best they can be, and also supports breast cancer, which is why Hollie wears so much pink.










"Um, Theres also something I wanted to tell you. I overheard your and Jenna's conversation, and I just wanted to say, I got a note too."

Mia hands Kari a note, and what it says is shocking.

Say goodbye to your dear friend Hollie."You... You waited until NOW to show someone this!?" Kari was outraged. "You didnt go to the POLICE!?"

"I... I am so sorry. I didnt know what it meant until now." Mia looked about to cry. "I wish I had understood it sooner, I really do. I wish I could have taken it to the police in time. I... I am so sorry."

"It... Its okay..." Kari seemed to calm down a bit, but now was on the verge of tears. "The only thing that upset me was that it was so straightforward... We are all to blame, its okay."

"Theres another thing..." Mia said. "I got another note." Mia showed Kari the note.

Your next

"Since I live alone, I was wondering... Could I stay with you until this blows over?" Mia asked.

Jenna then replies to this "Yes, yes, Mia. I think thats a good idea. If this person is targeting all of us, then I think we should stay together. But... I also thing we should try and catch them. I dont know if the police would be much help with this."

"Yeah" Mia said. "I think we should. It might be dangerous, but we would probably catch them faster than the police."

"Yes, I agree. But we should probably get Travis and Adrian on board." Kari says. "They are in danger, too. They need to be a part of this."

"Then its settled. Mia is moving in, and were catching the killer." Jenna says. "We need to wait until they send more notes. Then, we need to be prepared. We will work out a plan later."

"But for now," Kari says. "lets go in"

And they all walked into the funeral home.





No comments:

Post a Comment