Sunday, November 11, 2012

Chapter 22 "Flashback"

Authors note: Sorry for the lack of pictures, my game is deciding to be a jerk to me. I will continue to add pictures through-out this next week, but I thought I would release it now. Enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------



"What do you mean you're leaving?" Travis looked at Marisa, it was the day of her graduation, and Marisa had just told him that she was leaving to go to an amazing college in Sunset Valley, and that she can't keep a long-distance relationship.


"I'm so sorry, Travis." she said, tears was rolling down her eyes. She had graduated a year before him, as she skipped a grade in Middle School. "I'll miss you..."

---------------------------------------------------------


It was like lightning struck Travis's heart. At first, he was numb, now everything hurts. 'Not again', he thought, 'please, not again...'

He ran out of the mansion, and the host, Aperille Clarke, was pushed down as he ran into her, but he didn't stop. Marisa ran after him, but eventually slowed down.

"How did this happen?" Jenna stared at the text message that Kari sent Marisa. "What happened..."

-----------------------------------------------------

Jenna knocked on the door to Kari and Hollie's house in tears, their little brother Kam answered.

"Uh, Kari? I think Jenna needs to see you." he yelled. Kari came to the front door.

"Jenna, what's wrong?" She said to her in a worried tone.

"Adrian... He broke up with me." Jenna ran into Kari's arms and sobbed harder than she was before.

"Don't worry, Jenna." Kari comforted her. "Adrian loves you, he probably just needs some time to think." Jenna looks at her and nods. "It's okay, just give him some time."

----------------------------------------------

Adrian walked into the room where Jenna was standing, staring blankly at the phone, the same thing she has been doing for the last ten minutes. "Jenna... It's okay. We don't know if something bad has happened yet. She could still be okay."

Jenna looked at him and started crying. Adrian walked up to her and hugged her. "Shhh... It's okay..." He stroked her hair, trying his best to comfort her. "I love you..."

------------------------------------------

"We need to talk." Kari turned around once Adrian started to speak to her, she turned back around to finish opening her locker, and Adrian continued. "You're Jenna's best friend, so, can you tell me, well..."

"Yes, Adrian." Kari looks at him, automatically knowing what he was about to say. "Jenna cares for you deeply. And I know you care for her, too."

Adrian sighed "I mean, she has been acting strange, I didn't know what to think..."

"You know Jenna, she has trouble expressing her emotions. You just have to be there with her, you know how she feels." Kari looked at him with sympathy; he was really worried about her true feelings. "She needs you, Adrian."

-------------------------------------------

Marisa went to an empty room in the house and locked the door. Marisa looked around the room-the room she used to live in-and started to cry. 'This was my fault', she thought to herself, 'I caused this... I'm the reason she's missing'

-----------------------------------

"Hello?" Kari answered the door when someone knocked to see Marisa in tears. "Marisa, what's wrong?"

"I just told Travis that I was leaving." Marisa tried to wipe away the tears, but more kept pouring down.

"Marisa, I'm so sorry..." Kari tried her best to comfort her. "When are you leaving?"

"I have to get on a plane in an hour." Kari noticed that Marisa was holding a suitcase. "I should probably leave now, but I had to see someone..."

"It's okay, Marisa." Kari said. "Don't worry. You'll meet new people, have a new life. You'll forget all about us..." sadness wrung out in Kari's stomach as she realized what she was saying was true. She'll miss Marisa, but she will have a new life and new friends.

"I gotta go." Marisa picked up her suitcase from off the ground. "Goodbye, Kari. I'll miss you." She left the front door and got into the cab, and Kari watched as it drove away.

---------------------------------------------

"Hey, let's go home..." Jamie grabbed Marisa by the hand and pulled her to the car. Inside, Jenna and Adrian were waiting.

"Where is Travis?" She asked them. "Has he not come back yet?"

Jenna passed the phone to her, where there was a picture waiting. It was of a smashed cell phone.

"That's..." Marisa looked around, shocked. "That's Kari's phone."

------------------------------------

Kari woke up to the sound of a teenage boy's voice. She looked around, and notice she was tied to a chair.

"Kari... Is that you?" Kari saw the boy who was talking to her.

"Kam?" She was shocked to see her little brother tied to a chair.

"Kari, are you okay?" He was worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine... Where are we?" She looked around before she realized where she was.

A tomb.

Like the one from the legend.

"Hello, Kari." A woman said to her. "Nice to finally meet you."

Kari turned around to see a familiar face.

Her own face.

No comments:

Post a Comment